Die Deutsche Kultur - Nico's Weg

 Hallo! Wie gehts? Welcome to the English and German collaboration page!

So Frau Aulia has assigned us to watch a German movie. The title of the movie is 'Nicos Weg' or 'Nico's path'. It's created by Deutsch Lernen mit der DW. The movie is intended for the A1 Deutsch learners. If you don't know what A1 is, it's the lowest level of German language mastery, or we can say that it has the simplest and basic German grammar and vocabulary. Like other movies, the duration is about one and a half-hour. I'm not sure what genre the movie has. But I think it's a mash of drama, slice of life, and comedy

Let's dig into the movie! So there is a guy named Nico (I forgot his last name). He flighted from Spanish to Germany to meet his aunt, Yara. But something came up when he was at the airport. Because he got distracted by a little girl, he lost his bag. The bag contained lots of important things such as his handphone, wallet, passport, clothes, and Yara's address! He got panic and didn't know what to do. Fortunately, the woman that came with the girl earlier came to help him. Her name is Lisa. She is the aunt of the girl, Emma. Nico didn't have any clue about Yara's address. Plus, he couldn't speak German fluently. Those things made them harder to find Yara.

Lucky for Nico, Lisa is an English-German teacher. She also had a lot of relatives that would help them to find Yara. Along with the story, Nico learned many things about Germany and mastered the language easily. As well as that, Nico met a lot of people and had good chemistries with them. He met Sebastian, Nina, Nawin, Selma, Tarek, and others. They helped Nico to understand German and showed him how's the culture there. 
In the end, Nico finally found out where's Yara's address with the help of Lisa's Father. But he couldn't found Yara there. She was gone to Switzerland without knowing that Nico would come over. Moreover, Nico got his bag back. The bag is founded by Selma on a roadside. After he throughs some scenes, he came back to Yara's bike store. Finally, this time he met Yara.


I particularly don't have any favorite lines or words from this movie. But I really like the way they helped Nico to understand what they are saying. Like giving him some examples or directly show him what they mean. Along with that, I could learn lots of new sentences and vocabulary. Oh wait, I changed my mind. My favorite line is when Lisa said, "Komm, wir helfen dir" ("Come, we will help you"). Because it's the first line of the movie that helped Nico a lot. For my favorite word, I think I haven't found one.


My favorite character from this movie is Lisa.  I really like Lisa because she insisted to help a stranger without any doubt. Well yes at first, but she is the one that has a big part in helping Nico survived in a foreign country. She is also very responsible and easygoing. Nico is very lucky to meet her. I also like Nico, but he kind of reckless. The thing that I like about Nico is that he is a fast learner. It's crazy how someone can master a foreign language in a short time.
I like how this movie giving us some simple sentences that would really help if we go to Germany for the first time, like introducing, ordering foods, asking for help, and many else. From this movie, I think my favorite German culture is their farewell party. Unlike us, they celebrate it just in a simple and homely way.  They just invited some of their close relatives and having fun together without spending too much money. Oh, don't forget the buildings! They are so pleasingly beautiful and literally feast for my eyes.


I think the shortfall that this movie has is it's too unrealistic. Although it is a movie, it's unbelievable that a person could know how to speak German fluently in a short time. Or maybe because one of his family lives in Germany? I don't know. Furthermore, I think that the plot of this movie is kind of confusing. Probably is because I only understand 50% of what they said, and just trying to understand the rest just from what they do.
Overall, this movie is very helpful for us A1 Deutsch Learners. Just like I said, the movie just used simple grammar and vocabulary. It doesn't have a heavy conflict and can be watched by everyone. It also showed us the amazing German Culture. I would like to rate this movie 8.5/10
The moral from this movie is we cannot be reckless with our belongings, especially in a foreign country. Otherwise, we could be ended like Nico or worst. As well as that, we should help other people like Lisa and his friends. But we also have to be cautious with strangers, we don't know if they are nice or not. That's all from me, thanks for reading this movie review! Auf wiedersehen!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

˗ˏˋAsking and Giving Opinion ˎˊ˗

『 Suggestion and Offer』